Scientific research has shown that smoking cigarettes affect your oral health and leads to dental problems, including tooth decay, oral cancer, gum disease, stained teeth, cavities, and bad breath. If you’re still unconvinced of the latter, go kiss a smoker. If you don’t have a smoker to turn to or are uncomfortable with making out with the next complete stranger you see walking down the sidewalk (which you probably should be), use your imagination. If you’re lacking in the imagination department, maybe the American Lung Association can help.
In 1987, the ALA released an anti-smoking campaign featuring a young couple enjoying a horror flick on the couch. Sexual tension is high, until the girl lights up a cigarette and transforms into a goblin. “Aren’t you going to kiss me,” she asks the hormonal boy. The chick is giving him the go-ahead, but her barbed and browning teeth make his tongue think twice about entering because, let’s be honest, “No wants to kiss an ashtray.”
Smoking cigarettes can be a deal breaker when you’re faced with locking lips with someone, even if that person is your favorite celebrity. If you were given the chance to make-out with your celebrity crush, would their tobacco habit make you think twice?
Take a look at these before and after pics of past celebrity smokers. Which version would you rather make-out with; smoker mouth or vapor lips?
- Katherine Hoarseness VS Katherine Honey
- Eric Teeth Rotting VS Eric Strawberry Rush
- Paris Periodontal Hilton VS Paris Pineapple Hilton
- Leonardo Di-Cavity VS Leonardo Di-Cappuccino
- Shane Withering Mouth VS Shane Western Tobacco
- Mike “The Stinky Breath” VS Mike “The Summer Cobbler”
- Cougher Zeta Jones VS Cherry Zeta Jones
- Rhys Inflammation VS Rhys Island (Sherbet)