Despite having an estimated 10% success rate, many tobacco users continue to turn to the cold turkey method believing they have the will power to beat the odds. While some are able to kick the habit, most end up relapsing.
It is free of cost, but it is not pain-free. So if you decide to take this route, be prepared to endure a long list of withdrawal symptoms that will turn you into a completely different person.
Here are 16 reasons why quitting cold turkey isn’t the best approach…
- You can no longer sit still.
- You start hating everything and everyone around you (and they eventually start hating you).
- Everything is stressful. Even Jello can put you on edge.
- Your energy level is low that you can’t stand up for long periods of time.
- The sound of your own voice makes your head want to explode.
- You’re sensitive to everything…including the sun.
- Eating trumps the safety of others.
- Functional impairment becomes a daily routine.
- My bad, I forgot what I was saying.
- You no longer laugh at fainting goats because you can relate.
- Your digestive system has a mind of its own and it is evil.
- People start assuming you’re addicted to crack.
- You part ways with saliva.
- Nothing makes you happy anymore.
- You develop a drinking problem.
- The commercial of the lady with a hole in her throat makes you want to smoke.
If you want to keep your friends and your sanity, try replacing your tobacco cigarettes with a SmokeStik Starter Kit.